Artefato Gallery has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The type of information that we collect via the Website includes: your first name and family name, your company name, email address, postal address and telephone number. We also record additional information that you provide to us as a result of your use of the Website. This includes information provided in the context of online registration, email enquiries, requests, and the provision of goods or services.
THE INFORMATION STORED AUTOMATICALLY
When you browse our Website, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We log the Web pages you visit and the time of your visit, and other click-stream data. This information may be combined with other personal information you have provided. The only other type of information automatically provided to us is the type of computer, operating system and browser you are using. This information is provided by your browser, which we use to improve the performance of our site.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- You visit any of our websites and use your account to buy products and services.
- You create an account with us, or register to view prices.
- You purchase a product or service but don’t have an account with us.
- You engage with us on social media.
- You sign up to create a Trade Account at Artefato Gallery to receive special discounts.
- You contact us by any means with enquiries about your products.
- You ask one of our sales team to email you information about a product or service.
- You book an appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- You choose to complete any surveys or forms we send you.
- You fill any forms in the in the website.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED BY US
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria. For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations. For as long as we provide goods and / or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and / or retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that will most likely to interest you. We might also offer special rewards based on your preferences from time to time.
The data privacy law allows this part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the “What are my rights?” section below. Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for. For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item or material is available, or if we ever have sales or promotions in the future, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
Here is how we use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make in the website. If we don’t collect your personal data when processing your order we won’t be able to comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries. Handling the information, you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problem and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest. For example, by checking your password when you login and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. Our aims is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we will use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and / or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device. For example, we might display a list of items you have recently looked at, or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other data you have shared with us.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide you. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. For example, we will record your browser’s Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any problems you are having.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences with us.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identify before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
To stop direct marketing communications from us, click the unsubscribe link in any email communication that we send you promoting our new products or news about Artefato Gallery. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Artefato Gallery holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Artefato Gallery, Flat 34, 46 Palmers Road E2 0TB London or email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please contact our Customer Services team.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. The cookies used on this Website do not in themselves recognise the individual user but will recognise the computer you are using so that we know when that computer is used to return to the Website. Most browsers will automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings on your browser to prevent this from happening.
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers, technicians visiting your home, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on. For such purposes, we provide only the information they need to perform their specific services. Examples of third parties we work with are IT companies who support our business systems and operations companies such as delivery couriers.
It is possible that we could merge with or be acquired by another business or that the operation of the Website will be transferred or sub-contracted to another legal entity. To the extent legally permissible, we may share with, or otherwise transfer your information to, the resulting legal entity.
We place great importance on maintaining the security of the information that you provide via the Website and for this reason we use advanced internet security systems to safeguard your information.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password protected and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org